Most vehicle breakdowns today are related to belts, hoses and cooling system problems. Today’s vehicles run hotter than ever before and have more packed into a tighter area than ever before. Belts and hoses are prone to cracking and deterioration from the elements. These items often can crack, leak, or fray from constant exposure to heat, vibration, and other harmful chemicals. If not properly maintained, any one of these could spell disaster for your engine performance. Here are some of our recommendations to ensure belt and hose quality:
Visual Inspection of Belts
- Search for clear indications of damage (cracking, glazing, softening, or peeling)
- Test for correct tension
- Test for correct alignment
- Record belt condition for future reference
Visual Inspection of Hoses
- Search for leaks, cracks, hardening, or softening.
- Test cooling system for leaks using state-of-the-art pressure technology
- Record hose condition for future reference
Get your vehicle’s belts and hoses inspected on a regular basis because damaged pieces can seriously harm your vehicle. Research shows that while most people get regular oil changes, they neglect the condition of their belts and hoses. A leaking hose or a cracked belt will cause you more trouble than an overdue oil change ever will.