DID YOU KNOW?
The most important thing you can do to keep your vehicle running for a long time is to change your oil on schedule. With a full-service oil change, your other fluids are checked and topped off so you don’t run into problems from low fluids. Your technician may see a developing problem and he’ll remind you of any other recommended maintenance. At Willoughby Hills Auto Repair we install quality NAPA replacement parts. Give us a call and let us help keep you safely and economically on the road.
Purpose: The oil filter sifts out contaminants, allowing the oil to flow through the engine unrestricted. Should the oil filter become restricted or clogged with contaminants, they will flow around the filter. This bypassing is a safety mechanism, but you never want to let oil and filter changes go so long that bypassing takes place.
Check the owner’s manual to see if your driving habits are considered to be “severe service.” This type of driving requires more frequent oil changes, warns the Car Care Council. Has the oil changed accordingly, usually every 3-5,000 miles? For less wear and tear on the engine, drivers in cold climates (sub-zero driving temperatures) should drop their oil weight from 10-W30 to 5-W30.
It’s Not Just An Oil Change
Why should you change your oil every 3,000-5,000 miles?
- Even in today’s cars, oil is still the same and still breaks down. Your car still burns off oil, no matter how new the vehicle is.
- We believe it’s better to have a clean engine internally than going to the limit and developing sludge.
- Getting your oil changed every 3,000 miles also gives you peace of mind knowing the vehicle will be inspected and possibly finding a problem that can prevent further damage and more costly repairs down the road.
- Remember, we perform a complete 51-point courtesy check each time your vehicle is in. From burnt out light bulbs to battery strength to suspension wear, we will update you on your vehicle’s condition.
- You invest a lot of money in a new car! Changing oil every 3,000 miles gets your investment inspected an average of 4 times per year. Four times per year seems very little to protect an investment worth $20,000 & up!
- Camshaft valve timing is controlled by oil pressure. Some cars use a Variable Valve Timing Solenoid to control timing. This solenoid has small screens that the oil travels through. Dirty oil will clog screen and change timing and the way the car performs. Trust us, we’ve seen it!
Why should you change your oil with Willoughby Hills Auto Repair?
- We have ASE certified technicians perform your oil service, inspect your vehicle and look out for your best interest.
- If you go for the inexpensive oil change, you take the risk of not having a thoroughly trained technician looking for potential issues on your vehicle that may need attention.
- We use semi-synthetic blend oil as our standard oil for our oil service.
- We use a high-quality NAPA oil filter for your oil service.
- We perform a complete 51-point courtesy check on each vehicle that comes in for an oil service.
- We check and top off all your fluids, test the battery, look at brakes, tire condition and tire pressure, inspect belts and hoses and suspension components, we even check the lights! Our technicians take their time to make sure your vehicle is treated as if it were one of their own.
- Weather permitting; we will wash your vehicle for you as well.
- We care about you and we want to be your technicians for life. We value and appreciate your business. When you come here, you’re part of the family. We offer complimentary snacks and beverages in our waiting area. We will give you a ride home or to work, then pick you back up when your vehicle is completed. If you need a car, we can schedule you for one of our free loaner vehicles.
- You can expect to be treated the way you deserve to be treated when you do business with Willoughby Hills Auto Repair.